Lands & Resources
Hello my name is Scott Aubichon. I was born and raised in Ottawa, after High school I attended Sir Sanford Fleming Collage in Lindsay, Ontario and graduated as a Forest Technician.
I worked in the Forest Industry form 1982 until 2009, I owned a private forestry consulting company from 2009 until 2011.
I began my employment with the Wahta Mohawks in August 2011, since that time I have become a Certified Aboriginal Land Manager after two years of schooling.
I am responsible for Lands & Resources department which includes in house mapping documentation.
I Provides guidance and interpretations on land management legislation, regulations, policies and practices to Chief and Council and to other departmental staff who use the information to ensure compliance
I Provides advice and support to First Nations front line staff, Chief and Council and acts as the primary contact for policy clarification on all land management Programs.
I am married for over 23 years and have three children two boys and a daughter we also have a granddaughter. Please feel free to contact me.
Office: 705-762-2354 Ext 242
NOTICE OF USE OF TERRITORY RAMA MNJIKANING/WAHTA MOHAWKS
PORT CARLING ONTARIO
A LETTER OF PROOF TO USE THIS PARK LAND MUST BE SHOWN WHEN ASKED BY AUTHORITIES. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY, IF UNABLE TO PRODUCE DOCUMENTS AUTHORIZING THE USE OF PARK LAND.
RULES OF USE OF PROPERTY:
- PERMISSION ON LETTERHEAD MUST BE OBTAINED AT THE RAMA MNJIKANING/WAHTA MOHAWKS BAND OFFICE PRTOR TO USING THE PROPERTY
- ALL NOISE INCLUDING MUSIC MUST CEASE AT 11: OO PM OR O.P.P. WILL BE CALLED.
- ALL OPEN FIRE MUST BE MONITORED AT ALL TIMES AND EXTINGUISHED BY 11:00 PM.
- ALL GARBAGE MUST BE CLEANED UP AND REMOVED FROM SITE
- ALL PERSONAL ITEMS INCLUDING TENTS MUST BE REMOVED ON THE DATE OF DEPARTURE FROM SITE. WITH A MAXIMUM STAY OF FOUR DAYS.
- RAMA MNJIKANING AND WAHTA FIRST NATION WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY OR LOSS OF PROPERTY.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FIRE WORKS
EMERGENCY ONLY CALL: 911
O.P.P NON-LIFE THREATENING CALL: 1-888-310-1122
ORDERED BY: RAMA MNJIKANING AND WAHTA MOHAWKS
In January 2011 the Wahta Mohawks submitted a proposal to the Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs, New Relationship Fund, Core Consultation Capacity, Multi-Year Funding. The Wahta Mohawks was successful with the proposal and is funded for a three year Lands & Resources Capacity building project.
This project will assist the Wahta Mohawks in:
- Building consultation and engagement capacity and expertise in related lands and resources issues
- Development, implementation and/or updating of a process for internal community decision-making relating to lands and resources
During the length of the program it is expected the Wahta Mohawks will:
- Develop relationship and/or partnerships with Federal, Provincial, District, local and First Nations governments on issues related to lands and resources issues
- Develop relationship and/or partnerships with private sector business and individuals related to lands and resources issues.
- Internally with the Wahta Mohawk territory bring together a community committee of members interested in preserving the land, protecting the resources and environment, rebuilding the wildlife stocks and protecting the plant life of the territory.
Registered Trap Lines
For Lands & Resources Information please contact: Scott Aubichon, 705-762-2354- Ext. 242
Seeking interest community members to serve on a Lands & Resources Committee?
All interested members please send your letter of interest to: Senior Administrator, Wahta Mohawks, P.O. Box 260, Bala, Ontario, P0C 1A0.